Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

IG's FISA Probe May Hamper Dems' Impeachment Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    I suppose that's possible, but that generally happens when an administration is investigating itself because the scandal is too big to cover up a la the IRS charitable organizations tax exemptions scandal of the Obama years.
    And Barr seems a bit determined to bring this to the fore.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      My biggest concern is that this is all going to be quietly wrapped up with a "mistakes were made" statement and a few subordinates taking the fall, and then we'll never hear another word about it.
      My hope is that the democrats have pissed off Barr enough with their contempt and liar nonsense that he will not back down or sweep it under the rug.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        My hope is that the democrats have pissed off Barr enough with their contempt and liar nonsense that he will not back down or sweep it under the rug.
        That's my hope as well.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          IG's FISA Probe May Hamper Dems' Impeachment Plans

Having beaten the COLLUSION horse to death, I thought it would be good to look at the FISA Probe.

This thread is NOT an "I hate Trump" thread, so please leave that elsewhere.
          This thread is NOT a rehash of the whole COLLUSION / OBSTRUCTION thing - there are plenty of places to spew forth ignorance on that.

This is specifically about the FISA requests, and the IG probe (or other investigations) into same.

As Democrats mull how far to push the impeachment envelope against President Trump after Robert Mueller found no evidence of collusion with Russia in the 2016 election but punted on obstruction of justice charges, another investigation could further blunt their attempts to oust the president from office or damage his re-election chances.

Amid calls from Trump and his supporters to “investigate the investigators,” Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz has been hard at work over the last year looking into the sources and methods the FBI used to begin surveillance of a one-time Trump campaign adviser based at least in part on discredited information gathered by a former British spy.

That packet of intelligence, known as the “Steele dossier,” contains salacious and unsubstantiated details about Trump’s alleged romps with Russian prostitutes, along with business and political quid pro quos with Russian officials.

Attorney General Robert Barr said the inspector general is wrapping up his probe and could release a final report as early as next month.

Those interviewed by Horowitz and his team over the past year, according to Politico, say he seems intensely focused on undermining the dossier and credibility of Christopher Steele, the former British MI6 agent who produced the document. Steele had served as a confidential source for the FBI since 2010 until a falling out over his leaks to the media about the Trump-Russia probe....
          First of all, the investigation into Russian interference and the possible collusion with the Trump campaign didn't begin with the credible evidence coming from the former British spy Christopher Steele. It began as a result of Trump advisor Papadopolis telling an Australian official about his knowledge concerning possible Russian interference. That it began with the Steele Dossier is what you keep hearing in the GOP propaganda bubble. It didn't! The Steele Dossier hadn't even been released at that time.

Comment

That's my hope as well.
            That's because you are both blind and naive. Obviously there is not much that can be done about that. If you can't tell fact from fiction, truth from lies, at this point, then obviously you never will.

Comment

My biggest concern is that this is all going to be quietly wrapped up with a "mistakes were made" statement and a few subordinates taking the fall, and then we'll never hear another word about it.
              You'll hear it loud and clear when both Trump and his shill of an Atty Gen are impeached and indicted.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Bill Barr vows to uncover 'exactly what happened' with Russia probe, says explanations have been 'inadequate'

Attorney General Bill Barr, in an exclusive interview with Fox News, said the country must know “exactly what happened” with counterintelligence activities conducted during the 2016 election -- and he is determined to get to the bottom of the case.

In his first interview since becoming attorney general, Barr spoke to “America’s Newsroom” host Bill Hemmer during a visit to El Salvador for meetings with law enforcement officials. In pointed terms, he fired back at Democrats who have castigated him over his handling of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's report -- calling Speaker Nancy Pelosi's charge that he lied to Congress "laughable" and dismissing an attempt to hold him in contempt of Congress.

"That's part of the usual ... political circus that's being played out. It doesn't surprise me," he said.

And the nation's top law enforcement official provided new details about the recently announced probe into the origins of the Russia investigation, defending his decision to pursue it and stressing that many of the answers he's gotten so far have been "inadequate."
                You notice that he never mentions what the questions are which he found the answers to be inadequate. He makes no charges, is specific about nothing, and that is because he has no evidence of any wrongdoing on the part of the investigators, and he knows it, which is why in his saying something, he is saying nothing at all. Oh, you didn't notice that at all, did you?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  First of all, the investigation into Russian interference and the possible collusion with the Trump campaign didn't begin with the credible evidence coming from the former British spy Christopher Steele. It began as a result of Trump advisor Papadopolis telling an Australian official about his knowledge concerning possible Russian interference. That it began with the Steele Dossier is what you keep hearing in the GOP propaganda bubble. It didn't! The Steele Dossier hadn't even been released at that time.
                  Stay tuned, JimmyBoy! There's one thing at which you excel --- and that's 'being wrong'.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                    Might want to try reading the whole thread, Jimmy. Some interesting stuff you're not aware of.

Some interesting questions being asked about who Joseph Mifsud is exactly, and who was he working for when he approached Parapolous in 2016. There are indications that he was, in fact, working for the FBI and/or CIA when he met Papa and suggested that he had access to Hillary's emails. This is significant because it was this meeting that was used as the predicate to begin a counter intelligence operation against Trump and his campaign.

"Wait a minute," you might be thinking, "Why would an employee of our intelligence agencies be running a sting on a US citizen prior to and as justification for a later Intelligence operation?"

That, my friend, is the right question.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ge-1/#comments

Comment

Might want to try reading the whole thread, Jimmy. Some interesting stuff you're not aware of.
                      If it's not included in his TalkingPointsForLiberalIdiots, he's not aware of it at all.

Comment

You notice that he never mentions what the questions are which he found the answers to be inadequate. He makes no charges, is specific about nothing, and that is because he has no evidence of any wrongdoing on the part of the investigators, and he knows it, which is why in his saying something, he is saying nothing at all. Oh, you didn't notice that at all, did you?
                        You're out of your depth, Jimmy. The question is, and always has been, what was the justification -- what Barr calls the "predicate" -- for unleashing a full-scale counter intelligence operation againat an American citizen? "The explanations I’ve gotten don’t hang together," says Barr.

"People have to find out what the government was doing during that period. If we’re worried about foreign influence, for the very same reason we should be worried about whether government officials abuse their power and put their thumb on the scale."

Comment

Dumbell, speculations put forth by a Trump co-hort and obstructor of the investigation in his own right, i.e. Nunes, is worthless as evidence. Nunes was a member of the Trump transition team to boot. Hmmmm!

Comment

Dumbell, speculations put forth by a Trump co-hort and obstructor of the investigation in his own right, i.e. Nunes, is worthless as evidence. Nunes was a member of the Trump transition team to boot. Hmmmm!

Comment

You're out of your depth, Jimmy. The question is, and always has been, what was the justification -- what Barr calls the "predicate" -- for unleashing a full-scale counter intelligence operation againat an American citizen? "The explanations I’ve gotten don’t hang together," says Barr.

"People have to find out what the government was doing during that period. If we’re worried about foreign influence, for the very same reason we should be worried about whether government officials abuse their power and put their thumb on the scale."
                              Well the reasoning for that is not hidden, but of course Barr hasn't told you what it is in the explanations that doesn't hang together does he? Get a clue, MM.

Comment

Well the reasoning for that is not hidden, but of course Barr hasn't told you what it is in the explanations that doesn't hang together does he? Get a clue, MM.
                                Standard procedure during an investigation is to play your cards close to your vest. Easier to catch somebody in a lie if they don't know what you know.

Comment