Announcement

Collapse

Memorial Garden Guidelines

This forum is to remember all friends and family who passed from this earth. We were lucky to know them, let us encourage one another with their memories.
This is not a debate area, nor a place to speak ill of the dead.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

In memory of Debora Jefferis, our beloved Crow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
    Wow. I really knew her as the keeper of snakes. See you in the morning.
    She posted several pictures of them. IIRC mostly boas.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Into your hands, O merciful Savior, we commend your servant Debora Jefferis. Acknowledge, we humbly beseech you, a sheep of your own fold, a lamb of your own flock, a sinner of your own redeeming. Receive her into the arms of your mercy, into the blessed rest of everlasting peace, and into the glorious company of the saints in light. May light perpetual shine upon her. Amen.
      I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

She was one of our top moderators here, an Orange like Bill the Cat is. Her and Lao Tsu also shared the creation of the lovable character on tweb of Thirsty Possum. I hope LT will keep him posting from time to time.

I kept in touch with Debora on facebook where we shared a love of animals and she gave me tips on growing peppers, and I enjoyed her recipes.

I will miss her a lot. We have lost other friends here on Tweb over the years but I hope we will meet again one day in Heaven.

Rest in Peace Deb.

default-1464354436-173-crow-brains-reveal-secrets-of-their-intelligence.jpg

Comment

Allie struggles with cutting. When she posted on Facebook about going 100 days without, Debora made her a necklace and sent it to us. Allie posted this picture and the following on Facebook today.

Cuttingnecklace.jpg

"Debora Jefferis made this necklace for me last year for going 100 days without cutting....I will honor your memory and 100 more days without cutting....I look forward to seeing you on the other side my friend...."

Comment

Crow was definitely a fixture of the forum for me who always came off as a compassionate and friendly soul. Her passing is a reminder that life can be all too short. James 4:14, You do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes.

But those of us in Christ are filled with the Holy Spirit and abound in hope! 1 Thess 4:3, But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. 14 For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep.

I know Crow would want those who have not yet experienced the love of Jesus, or those who felt they had a relationship with Christ, but then walked away from the faith, to consider and reconsider that relationship. God loves you so much! Imagine that, the creator of the entire universe loves YOU. No matter what you've done, no matter where you've been, no matter the things you've said, in Christ there is forgiveness, there is light in the darkness, there is living water to quench your inner thirst, there is life more abundant here and in the hereafter!

Comment

Crow is a good one.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Remember the soul of your handmaiden Debora, O Lord, for You are good, and insofar as she sinned in this life forgive her; for no one is sinless but You, Who are able to give repose to the departed.

O Christ, rest the soul of Your handmaiden Debora with the saints, where there is no pain, sorrow, or sighing, but life everlasting.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Deb's family has opted out of a public memorial service, but asks that anyone wishing to make a contribution do so in her name at a local humane society.

Franklin County Dog Shelter and Adoption Center
                  Columbus Humane

Her ashes will be taken where she used to ride her horses as a child.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                    Deb's family has opted out of a public memorial service, but asks that anyone wishing to make a contribution do so in her name at a local humane society.

Columbus Humane

My priest will do a short memorial service for her Wednesday morning after our usual service, so at least something gets done.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I've been missing her for a while now. But Heaven is looking even better now.
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post

Columbus Humane

Would it be okay if I put her name on the prayer list that is read out during the Sunday Services? We always do a special prayer for the dead on Sundays.
                        I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          She posted several pictures of them. IIRC mostly boas.
                          She bred ball pythons.
                          A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by ke7ejx View Post
                            Would it be okay if I put her name on the prayer list that is read out during the Sunday Services? We always do a special prayer for the dead on Sundays.
                            Everyone should feel free to say goodbye in the way that feels best.

Comment

What an amazing woman. The world is surely a darker place in her absence. Heaven rejoice that one of your daughters is home...
                              That's what
                              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                My priest will do a short memorial service for her Wednesday morning after our usual service, so at least something gets done.
                                Done.

sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X