Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mayor Pete Attacks Trump's Faith...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Point proven.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
      Point proven.

Comment

I was pretty sure that if I complemented him you guys would fuss a bit. But I didn't quite expect a full scale assault! Tassman can thank me later for drawing your fire off of him for a few posts

Jim
        You are a person of integrity and to be respected for that. I long ago realized that around here, when certain members resort to mockery and belittlement, they have nothing else to offer a discussion.
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Because Mike Pence is a religious bigot, and Buttigieg is not.
          Yes. Or to put it another way, Buttigieg believes in love and tolerance and equal rights for all citizens whereas Pence is a Dominionist, i.e. he believes that God gave humans “dominion” over the natural world and life in it and that they have license to exploit the earth. Further, the “Dominionists” have expanded this to justify theocratic rule of society and seek to institute a nation governed by Christians based on their understandings of biblical law. So much for Thomas Jefferson's "separation of church and state".

https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/01...-dominionists/
          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
            You are a person of integrity and to be respected for that. I long ago realized that around here, when certain members resort to mockery and belittlement, they have nothing else to offer a discussion.

Comment

Well you do have a point. You guys can be (and have been) much worse

Jim
              Thanks for lumping me in, I think.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I don’t blame you. It must be difficult to continue supporting your misleading rationalizations about the inglorious role of Southern Baptist Convention....
                You mean the dishonest crap you keep throwing, because that's the only thing (besides being a Drama Queen) at which you excel?

Tass, you keep getting SO MUCH wrong SO OFTEN, with inaccurate dates.... you're a dishonest hot mess.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

two posts on topic following multiple posts of ridicule, followed by almost two pages of ridicule, yet you still manage to stay on topic.

Again - I compliment you on your capacity not to be goaded into a fight over ancillary issues despite significant justification for doing so.

Jim
                  If, in fact, the "topic" is attacking Christianity in general, and the Southern Baptist Convention in particular with false accusations, yes, he's as persistent as a junk yard dog on a ham bone.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    You call that a full scale assault?
                    (persecution complex again)

Comment

This is so precious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        You mean the dishonest crap you keep throwing, because that's the only thing (besides being a Drama Queen) at which you excel?

Tass, you keep getting SO MUCH wrong SO OFTEN, with inaccurate dates.... you're a dishonest hot mess.
                        So you like to argue but you are wrong. What I've said re the SBC has been verified by R. Albert Mohler, Jr., President THE SOUTHERN BAPTIST THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY as previously linked. Again:

“Our relationship to African-Americans has been hindered from the beginning by the role that slavery played in the formation of the Southern Baptist Convention; many of our Southern Baptist forbears defended the right to own slaves, and either participated in, supported, or acquiesced in the particularly inhumane nature of American slavery; and in later years Southern Baptists failed, in many cases, to support, and in some cases opposed, legitimate initiatives to secure the civil rights of African-Americans".

http://www.sbts.edu/wp-content/uploa...-v4.pdf#page=6
                        Last edited by Tassman; 07-11-2019, 12:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Trump has decades of executive experience running a successful international business empire.
                          Yeah right. This is why Trump declared bankruptcy six times. Plus, his personal wealth is in doubt and cannot be ascertained because for some mysterious reason he refuses to release his tax returns.

He also has a long list of honors and awards. If you think mayor Pete is impressive then wait'll you get a load of this...
                          It’s a "load" all right, a load of crap. Unlike Buttigieg’s Oxford and Harvard qualifications, Trump’s “honors and awards” are Honorary Degrees and Awards. You do understand that these are not earned by dint of actual study and research, a bit difficult in Donald’s case given that he’s illiterate.

Trump is also a multi New York Times best selling author
                          He was not the author; ‘The Art of the Deal’ was ghost written.

and has been the subject of glowing print and television profiles...
                          Only on Fox “NEWS”.

On every point you seem to find Pete B. so impressive, Trump is exponentially more so.
                          Can he play the piano?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                            Yeah right. This is why Trump declared bankruptcy six times. Plus, his personal wealth is in doubt and cannot be ascertained because for some mysterious reason he refuses to release his tax returns. [
                            He's started and managed hundreds of businesses. Out of those hundreds, he only declared bankruptcy on six of them. That's actually a pretty darn good track record.

A for his wealth, go take a peek at his publicly available financial disclosure forms. They're legal documents, so he can't lie on them.

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                            It’s a "load" all right, a load of crap. Unlike Buttigieg’s Oxford and Harvard qualifications, Trump’s “honors and awards” are Honorary Degrees and Awards. You do understand that these are not earned by dint of actual study and research, a bit difficult in Donald’s case given that he’s illiterate.
                            He has a business degree. The rest are honors. An honorary degree is often a school's way of saying, "We couldn't teach you anything more than you've learned from experience." But, fine, ignore the honorary degree if you want. That still leaves a long list of business and community awards. That's at least as impressive as Pete B. winning an award for bike paths, don't you think?

He was not the author; ‘The Art of the Deal’ was ghost written.
                            No it wasn't. And he's written far more than that.

https://www.goodreads.com/author/lis...Donald_J_Trump

Only on Fox “NEWS”. ?
                            Nope. He's been the subjective of countless positive news stories for decades, long before FOX News even existed.

Can he play the piano?
                            You got me there.

But when you consider that Bill Clinton played the saxophone, and he was a mostly terrible president, it's pretty safe to say that "musician" is not a particularly important qualification for the office of US President.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

So you like to argue but you are wrong.
                              You have been so CONSISTENTLY wrong about so MANY things it's unbelievable, and I have documented those often! Would you like me to post the list AGAIN? And when I call you dishonest, I back it up with fact. When YOU make allegations of dishonesty, it's just more anti-Christian bigoted blather on your part.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                But when you consider that Bill Clinton played the saxophone, and he was a mostly terrible president, it's pretty safe to say that "musician" is not a particularly important qualification for the office of US President.
                                In college, the only people weirder than music majors were drama majors.

Comment