Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump University Fraud.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump University Fraud.

Judge directs internal Trump University documents to be released

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/28/politics/trump-university-donald-trump-documents/

Washington (CNN)A judge overseeing a lawsuit filed against Donald Trump regarding his closed real estate education program called Trump University has ruled parts of internal documents, including "playbooks" regarding running the enterprise, should be released as part of the case.

The playbooks, which include ones from 2009 and 2010, detail how the venture worked, how Trump University events were run and how to sell programs to customers.
    From 2005 to 2010, when the program closed, about 10,000 students across the nation signed up for Trump University classes, which promised success in real estate by offering courses and seminars based on the principles of the businessman.
    Now Trump University is the focus of two class action lawsuits in San Diego by some students who claim they were defrauded and a separate suit filed by the New York attorney general.
    Trump University fraud case becomes campaign issue
    The order to release the internal documents comes in one of the California cases and is in response to a request by The Washington Post, which first reported the story Saturday afternoon.

© Copyright Original Source

which promised success in real estate
    That is a blatant lie. It was made clear upfront that risk was involved.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        I doubt they were using the word in that sense. Probably more in the marketing sense. The weather looks promising today, but I won't be mad at God if it rains later.
        אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Source please? If this is true Trump should have no problem revealing the record of the university as requested.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
            Source please? If this is true Trump should have no problem revealing the record of the university as requested.
            https://books.google.com/books?id=dF...laimer&f=false
            That's what
            - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
              "which promised success in real estate"
              Guarantee.jpg

Comment

lao tzu response is sufficient!!!!

Smells of Amway University

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]16040[/ATTACH]
                  Yes, let's take that one sentence out of context and ignore the fact that the immediately preceding sentence places the onus explicitly on the reader.

But anyway, this whole thing is peanuts compared to what Hillary has done. If the goal here is to make Trump look as corrupt and scandalous as the Clintons then you guys have failed.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Yes, let's take that one sentence out of context and ignore the fact that the immediately preceding sentence places the onus explicitly on the reader.
                    One little sentence is grounds for fraud.

Comment

I posted a thread about this a while back. Basically, Trump personally participated in advertisements promising that Trump University would teach his real estate investment techniques. And in court, his lawyers admitted that he didn't write a single word of the curriculum. The whole thing was a fraud, using paid salespeople (as opposed to people with...you know...actual real estate experience) and high pressure sales tactics.

My old thread had a link to an article from Time that went into detail about it all.
                      "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post
                        I posted a thread about this a while back.
                        http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...e-Oil-Salesman

Comment

People have to choose between Hilary and Donald.

Politics is all about compromise - Trump is awful, but Hilary is worse.
                          ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                            People have to choose between Hilary and Donald.

Politics is all about compromise - Trump is awful, but Hilary is worse.
                            "Every form of refuge has it's price." 'The Lying Eyes' by the Eagles.

I do not believe that this type of argument can justify a vote. Defrauding over 10,000 people with bogus claims for a university is something that none of the other candidates, nor other Presidents and Vice Presidents have committed in recent history, and possibly all of history.
                            Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-31-2016, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]16040[/ATTACH]
                              Yes. Just like the guy from the Men's Warehouse. Just like several marketing pieces "guarantee" their product is the best out there. Without an actual written guarantee and the terms of the guarantee, it is just a marketing technique.

Sorry, but that type of "guarantee" is not sufficient.

2 things this "guarantee" lacks that Yellow Book, Inc. v. Tocci court set forth are:

1)Clearly recite the consideration for the guaranty in the text of the agreement;

2) Separate the guaranty from the remainder of the agreement and have it separately acknowledged;

Neither of these were met by this marketing statement. There is no consideration or terms of a guarantee associated with the "guarantee".
                              That's what
                              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment